So, I'm spending time getting some overdue scrapping done, and my husband takes the girls to go pitch (National tournaments start on Monday).
About 15 minutes after he leaves the house, he calls me... "you are NEVER going to believe who's sitting on a bucket 30 feet from me giving hitting lessons". I ask, "who?" He says, Tammy Williams of the Northwestern University Wildcats. Wow. That's bizarre. We're in Texas... but, he's SURE it's her... says she's wearing her Northwestern shirt and everything.
Now, I have to tell you that we've watched Tammy on TV (Women's College World Series) two years in a row. She's a fiery red-headed shortstop... big smile... sweet disposition... and one heck-uv-a competitor (at one point, she slid into 3rd base head first, cut her forehead so badly she needed stitches, but refused to leave the game... after all, it was the finals of the WCWS). She endeared our hearts her freshman year and we've been BIG, HUGE fans since.
So - what did I do when Nolan called me? Exactly what he wanted me to do. I grabbed the camera and three brand new softballs (one for each of our girls and one for their cousin) and drove to the softball fields... still wondering what Tammy was doing in Texas.
We interrupted her hitting lessons (it turns out she's coaching the 18U Missouri Madness and they're playing in a National tournament in Texas starting on Monday). You guessed it. My oldest and I will be at their first game Monday before we leave to head to our own National tournament on Tuesday. And, I got this pic... fun, right? Tammy is the short one in the middle... teehee!
The girls hope that one day they'll be playing TV ball and some young girl will want their autograph... I'm sure that's going to happen... and when it does, you bet your boots I'll blog about it!
The girls hope that one day they'll be playing TV ball and some young girl will want their autograph... I'm sure that's going to happen... and when it does, you bet your boots I'll blog about it!
1 comment:
How exciting! Tammy is pretty big news up here in Chicago :)
Post a Comment