OMG! My dh just inadvertently gave me another idea for a scrapbook tonight. He got negligible sleep last night, so he's very "punchy"... and I'm working on projects, of course.
Well, he picks up some Maya Road Scrolls II chipboard pieces and asks, "are these extra?" - he claims he wants to use them... has some great idea for what to do with them. So I say, "sure honey, I have plenty... knock yourself out."
Anyway, what ensued was silly giggles and "punch drunk" laughter as he asks for my Prismacolor pencils. I handed them over willingly thinking that it would keep him busy so he wouldn't fall asleep on the table across from me (and because he's pretty darn creative sometimes even though he likes to think he's not).
Well, he laughed as he kept telling me, "try not to look" and "I'm not finished yet," as if I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what he's doing. I'm in CHA survival mode at this point.
Fast forward 20 minutes and he's showing me his new creations. 3 friends. All birds. The silliest birds I've seen in awhile... certainly not what I'd use the scrolls for, but hey, what do I know, right? So, he added Maya Road Trinket buttons for eyes (and then I covered them with Diamond Glaze). He's so excited that I made them shiny for him.
Shhhhhh. Don't tell him that I didn't make them shiny for him... I made them shiny for ME (for my new album idea). LOL
Anyway, I LOVE them! And - I'm going to use them in a mini album. I think I'll call it, "This is what happens when your husband has access to lots of Maya Road products and very little sleep."
I'll post pictures of the birds tomorrow. Or maybe I won't. Maybe you'll have to wait until the finished album. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment